primary 2

Canning Iron Works

Finchdean 1816-1935

‘Vintage Spirit magazine/Steam Heritage Publishing Ltd’ 

Article on the agricultural machinery works set up by Canning who owned Finchdean House in the nineteenth century.  This defined Finchdean for a century but its existence is now hard to trace save for the Forge on the Green.  As is so often the case, the site is now predominantly residential.

CLICK TO VIEW THE FULL ARTICLE