The Staunton Arms
The Staunton Arms has seen many changes and is now called the Harvester. Its history appears to be mixed up with that of the first Leigh Park House. There is a record of Sir George Staunton buying a pub for £200 in November 1824. Whether it was the old forge that was once an ale house called the Robin Hood is not clear. There is now a modern hotel behind the building.
This article is taken from the booklet written by Mary Jane Lomer entitled ‘Round and About Rowlands Castle’ 2015, for which she retains the copyright.